Development of Governance training modules
- Development of training modules on various themes of governance and capacity building of the faculty of the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) and the National Institute of Administrative Research (NIAR).
- This project will be done in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Government of India.
- The Government of India launched the RMSA in March 2009 with the objective of enhancing access to secondary education (Class 9th and 10th) and improving the quality. Some of the important quality improvement interventions provided under the scheme are: (a) appointment of additional teachers; (b) focus on Science, Math and English education; (c) in-service training of teachers; (d) science laboratories; (e) ICT enabled education; (f) curriculum reforms; and (g) teaching learning reforms.
- The World Bank is supporting the Government of India in implementing the RMSA. In order to understand the challenges of implementing RMSA, the World Bank plans to undertake a set of studies that will examine issues which have direct import on the objectives of the government for RMSA.
- The Bharti Institute of Public Policy has been assigned to undertake a study to examine teacher recruitment and education policies of states and Union Territories.
- UNICEF India has identified advocacy as a key strategy to influence and leverage government resources and align government policies and other stakeholders towards its core priorities - nutrition, child survival, child marriage and labour, sanitation and education. UNICEF seeks to engage with elected representatives in focused manner so that it is able to achieve its aim of influencing policies, laws, programmes and resource allocation in support of the rights of women and children and to accelerate achievement towards the Millennium Development Goals.
- The Bharti Institute of Public Policy, Indian School of Business would support the activities of UNICEF by preparation of internal briefs and Policy Briefs on key issues and Tracking of developments in Parliament regarding key UNICEF advocacy issues
- Research study on stakeholder reaction to new policing approach: Bharti Institute has taken up a commissioned research project for the Bureau of Police R&D to study stakeholder reaction to a new approach to policing experimented with in Bihar in controlling a mob situation in the wake of the murder of a caste-militia leader in mid-2012. The research is under progress.