Honours and Achievements
Professor Snehal Awate has won the 2015 EFMD Case Writing Competition in the “Bringing Technology to Market” category.
September 2015Professor Krishnamurthy Subramanian has joined the Board of Directors of:
- The newest private sector bank and the first bank in eastern India since independence- Bandhan Bank
- The National Institute of Banking Management.
June 2015Professor NagaLakshmi Damaraju has been nominated as the Chairperson of the Entrepreneurship and Strategy Interest Group at the Strategic Management Society this year i.e., until December 2015.
Professor Anand Nandkumar has recently served as one of the seven track chairs in the Business Policy and Strategy (BPS) group of the Academy of Management 2015.
August 2016Professor Tarun Jain’s project titled "Evaluating After School English Programs for Youth: A Pilot of Freedom English Academy" has been approved for funding by J-PAL Post-Primary Education Initiative for an amount of $38,586.
July 2016Prakash Satyavageeswaran, final year Marketing FPM student received an Emerald Travel Grant of US$ 830 for presenting at the EMAC conference in May 2016 at Oslo, Norway.
- Ankit Jain, fourth year FPM student in Finance received an international student travel grant of $1,500 from American Finance Association.
- Prakash Satyavageeswaran, fourth year FPM students in Marketing had a joint research proposal with faculty which was approved for a grant of approx. US$ 10,000 from the Marketing Science Institute.
- Saipriya Kamath & Pratik Goel, final year FPM students in Accounting won 2 of 3 best paper awards at IMR Doctoral Conference, IIM Bangalore
March 2016Prasanna Tantri and Mrinal Mishra’s proposal titled "Impact of Noise Trading on Derivative Markets" has been accepted for funding by NSE NYU for an amount of USD 7500.
January & February 2016Professor Deepa Mani’s project titled “An Empirical Analysis of the Role of Technology Interventions in Urban Transformation: Governance, and Socio-Political Articulations” has been approved for funding by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) for an amount of Rs.10,00,000/-.
December 2015Professor Tarun Jain’s project titled "Understanding career choice in a developing country: Reading the minds of high school students in India?" has been approved for funding by the IGC for an amount of GBP 54,923 (approx. Rs. 55 lakh).
- Prasanna Tantri has been selected by IGC State Commissioning Board for a funding of GBP 13,640 for “Analysing the impact of government interventions in agriculture on consumption” with co-authors Mrinal Mishra and Nagaraju Thota.
- Professors K.Vaidyanathan, Ram Thirumalai, Vikram Kuriyan and Prasanna Tantri (Sr.AD) & Venkatesh Ramamoorthy (Researcher) from CAF have won $60,000 from Coursera for developing a 4 module specialization on Investment Management.
Professor Ashwini Chhatre was also awarded a grant of USD 33000 for his proposal on “Research Support for Sentinel Landscapes” in collaboration with Agro Forestry Centre.
As Professor Chhatre is the CO-PI for these grants, these will be shared with other Universities.
June 2015Professor Milind Sohoni has been awarded the USIEF’s Obama–Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative award of $ 190,000 for the project “Cooperative-competitive, data-driven, operational strategies for extremely resource-constrained settings in emerging economies.” The proposal was prepared in collaboration with Professor Lavanya Marla, Assistant Professor of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
May 2015External Grants Awarded:
Professor Tarun Jain and Sisir Debnath research proposal “Social influences and public health insurance utilization” has been funded by The International Growth Centre for an amount of £ 9,602
Internal Grants Awarded:
The following research proposals of our resident faculty have been funded by the EY-ISB Initiative on Emerging Market Studies.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Project Title||Area|
|1||Snehal Awate, Ram Mudambi||Innovation by emerging economy multinationals in newly emerging industries||Strategy|
|2||Amit Bubna & Sisir Debnath||Access to Mobile Telephony and Implication for Economic Growth||Entrepreneurship|
|3||Rishtee Batra & Tanuka Ghoshal||Heightened sensory consumption as a means for self-worth restoration among |
consumers under self-threat
|Marketing, consumer behavior|
|4||Anand Nandkumar||Exploring the effects of IPR in an “open” economy||Strategy, IPR|
Professor Shilpa Aggarwal is the Co-PI for the following Grants which have been awarded to her:
- "Transport Costs and Fertilizer Adoption in Tanzania", funded by the International Growth Centre for GBP 152,181
- "Market Learning and Transport Costs among Fertilizer Retailers in Tanzania", funded for a project development grant by Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) under the SME Initiative’s Competitive Research Fund on Entrepreneurship and SME Growth for $25,000
- "Agricultural Subsidies, Savings, and Farm Reinvestment", funded for a $50,000 pilot by IPA's Agricultural Technology Adoption Initiative.