Honours and Achievements
September 2015Professor Krishnamurthy Subramanian has joined the Board of Directors of:
- The newest private sector bank and the first bank in eastern India since independence- Bandhan Bank
- The National Institute of Banking Management.
Professor Ramabhadran Thirumalai has been appointed as Public Interest Director to the Board of Directors of the Indian Clearing Corp Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSE Ltd.
June 2015Professor NagaLakshmi Damaraju has been nominated as the Chairperson of the Entrepreneurship and Strategy Interest Group at the Strategic Management Society this year i.e., until December 2015.
Professor Anand Nandkumar has recently served as one of the seven track chairs in the Business Policy and Strategy (BPS) group of the Academy of Management 2015.
Professor Ashwini Chhatre was also awarded a grant of USD 33000 for his proposal on “Research Support for Sentinel Landscapes” in collaboration with Agro Forestry Centre.
As Professor Chhatre is the CO-PI for these grants, these will be shared with other Universities.
June 2015Professor Milind Sohoni has been awarded the USIEF’s Obama–Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative award of $ 190,000 for the project “Cooperative-competitive, data-driven, operational strategies for extremely resource-constrained settings in emerging economies.” The proposal was prepared in collaboration with Professor Lavanya Marla, Assistant Professor of Industrial & Enterprise Systems Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
May 2015External Grants Awarded:
Professor Tarun Jain and Sisir Debnath research proposal “Social influences and public health insurance utilization” has been funded by The International Growth Centre for an amount of £ 9,602
Internal Grants Awarded:
The following research proposals of our resident faculty have been funded by the EY-ISB Initiative on Emerging Market Studies.
|S.No||Name of the Faculty||Project Title||Area|
|1||Snehal Awate, Ram Mudambi||Innovation by emerging economy multinationals in newly emerging industries||Strategy|
|2||Amit Bubna & Sisir Debnath||Access to Mobile Telephony and Implication for Economic Growth||Entrepreneurship|
|3||Rishtee Batra & Tanuka Ghoshal||Heightened sensory consumption as a means for self-worth restoration among |
consumers under self-threat
|Marketing, consumer behavior|
|4||Anand Nandkumar||Exploring the effects of IPR in an “open” economy||Strategy, IPR|
Professor Shilpa Aggarwal is the Co-PI for the following Grants which have been awarded to her:
- "Transport Costs and Fertilizer Adoption in Tanzania", funded by the International Growth Centre for GBP 152,181
- "Market Learning and Transport Costs among Fertilizer Retailers in Tanzania", funded for a project development grant by Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) under the SME Initiative’s Competitive Research Fund on Entrepreneurship and SME Growth for $25,000
- "Agricultural Subsidies, Savings, and Farm Reinvestment", funded for a $50,000 pilot by IPA's Agricultural Technology Adoption Initiative.