Learning Resource Centre
A good library is pivotal to the growth of an educational institution. The mission of the LRC (Learning Resource Centre) is to support the School in its quest to become an internationally top-ranked, research driven management institute.
The School’s LRC is at the heart of the Academic Centre at the Indian School of Business. Designed to meet the academic and research needs of the ISB students, it also extends its services to the local community. A knowledge hub, it provides access to various information resources ranging from the latest management books, textbooks and CDs. It’s prompt and effective services are in sync with the changing needs of the academic community which is moving towards the electronic resources such as e-books, e-journals and databases.
It also offers such as Reference Services, Research support, Circulation Services, Databases Training Support, User Guidance Service, Photocopy Service, Bibliographic Service, Document Delivery Service, Course Support, Online Catalogue Service, Selective Dissemination service through its in-house Info-products such as Course guide, Global Watch, Case Data Bank, Article Alert, CD-Watch, Placement Guide and Current Awareness Service by providing new arrivals of books, TOC Service, and newly Published Reports. Though many of the services are IT driven, the LRC has well trained staff to support users for any kind of queries.
In addition to the various resources, LRC hosts a magazine lounge, a browsing centre and a media room. There are also multiple study rooms where students meet for group discussions. The LRC is fully Wifi-enabled.
- To provide effective access to learning resources of all formats required for general and research purposes.
- To keep the academic community abreast of the latest developments and to provide them with updated information on business and management.
- To ensure the highest level of user satisfaction.
Facts and Figures
- Books: 42,000 (Hyderabad) 13,000 (Mohali)
- Journals: Print 150; Online- over 2000
- Databases: 55
- AV Resources-5000 (Hyderabad) 400 (Mohali)