The Applied statistics and computing lab assists the faculty's research with statistical methodology and analysis. The lab was set up in March 2010 with the following objectives:
- To advise ISB faculty on appropriate statistical methodology in their research and to provide assistance in performing the statistical analysis related to the research;
- To conduct workshops on recent advancements in statistical methodology relevant to the research groups in ISB;
- To develop/ innovate statistical methods useful in applied research of relevance to the objectives of ISB;
- To teach the ISB doctoral students Statistics and Econometrics; and
- To develop routines for recently developed statistical and econometric methods which are not implemented in standard statistical packages.