- Email: myfirstname_mylastname [at] isb [dot] edu
- Social media: LinkedIn, Twitter
- Phone: +91.40.2318.7267
- Office location: AC 8, Room 8119, ISB Hyderabad
- Development Economics, Labor Economics, Public Economics, Experimental Economics
- How does relationship-based governance accommodate new entrants? Evidence from the cycle rickshaw rental market with Ashima Sood, Journal of Institutional Economics, forthcoming. Pre-print
- Common tongue: The impact of language on educational performance, Journal of Economic History, 77(2), 2017.
- Social identity and governance: The behavioral response to female leaders with Lata Gangadharan, Pushkar Maitra and Joseph Vecci, European Economic Review, 90:302-325, 2016. Pre-print
- The impact of study groups and roommates on academic achievement with Mudit Kapoor, Review of Economics and Statistics, 97(1):44--54, 2015. Online Appendix. Pre-print
- Letting the briber go free: An experiment on mitigating harassment bribes with Klaus Abbink, Utteeyo Dasgupta and Lata Gangadharan, Journal of Public Economics, 111:17-28, 2014. Pre-print
- Press coverage in Rediff.com, India Together, Deccan Chronicle, Hindu Business Line and Economic Times
- Where there is a will: Fertility behavior and sex bias in large families, Journal of Human Resources, 49(2):393-423, 2014. Pre-print
- Press coverage in Financial Express
- Intergenerational transmission of gender attitudes: Evidence from India with Diva Dhar and Seema Jayachandran. NBER Working Paper No. 21429.
- Does who you know matter? Unraveling the influence of student networks on academic performance with Nishtha Langer.
- The fairer sex? Affirmative action, women leaders and strategic deception with Lata Gangadharan, Pushkar Maitra and Joseph Vecci.
- The behavioural implications of women's empowerment programmes with Lata Gangadharan, Pushkar Maitra and Joseph Vecci. UNU WIDER Working Paper 2016/64.
- Barriers to skill acquisition: Evidence from English training in India with Pushkar Maitra and Subha Mani. IZA Discussion Paper No. 10199.
- Social connections and public healthcare utilization with Sisir Debnath and Manvendra Singh.
Work in progress
- Evaluation of a School-Based Gender Sensitization Campaign in India with Diva Dhar and Seema Jayachandran.
- Common tongue? How mother tongue instruction influences education with Revathy Surya Narayana, February 27, 2017, Ideas for India.
- Bringing the sheen back to teaching with Avantika Dhingra, October 8, 2016, The New Indian Express.
- Public health insurance for tertiary diseases: Lessons from Andhra's Aarogyasri programme with Sisir Debnath, April 12, 2016, Ideas for India.
- Do self-help programmes change hearts and minds? The JEEViKA experience in Bihar, Jul-Sep 2015, ISB Insight.
- Do women leaders deceive more? with Lata Gangadharan, Pushkar Maitra and Joseph Vecci, February 10, 2015, Mint.
- Tell us what you really think: Measuring gender attitudes in Haryana with Diva Dhar and Seema Jayachandran, July 18, 2014, Ideas for India.
- Should bribe-givers be let off? March 28, 2013, Ideas for India.
- Book review of S. Thorat and K. Newman (eds.) "Blocked by Caste: Economic Discrimination in Modern India," Economic and Political Weekly, Feb 27, 2010, 45(9), 35--37.
- A Class Divided, 2013, Harvard Business Case ISB032-PDF-ENG.
- Course Allocation Methods with Priyanka Sarda, 2013, Harvard Business Case ISB033-PDF-ENG.
- Search Costs and Market Efficiency in Emerging Economies with Rohini Ray, 2016, Harvard Business Case ISB059-PDF-ENG.