- 766 students of PGP and 61 of PGPMAX awarded certificates at Graduation 2014
- Graduating students contribute a 'Class Gift' of INR 62 Lakhs to the school
Hyderabad, Mohali, April 6, 2014: The Indian School of Business (ISB), with campuses at Hyderabad and Mohali, today celebrated the Graduation Day of its PGP Class of 2014 and PGPMAX Class of 2013 at the School’s Hyderabad campus. The Chief Guest on the occasion was Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro Limited, who awarded Graduation Certificates to the 550 students of PGP Class of 2014 and 61 students of PGPMAX Class of 2014. Also gracing the occasion were Adi Godrej, Chairman of the ISB Board, Ajit Rangnekar, Dean, ISB, members of the ISB Executive Board, Faculty, Staff, Students and their families.
Yesterday, the School held the Graduation Day at its Mohali campus, where the 216 students from the PGP Class of 2014 based there were awarded their certificates. General Ved Prakash Malik, Former Chief of Army Staff, was the Chief Guest along with Admiral James Stavridis, Dean, The Fletcher School, Tufts University as the Guest of Honour.
Addressing the graduating classes in Hyderabad Mr Premji said, “Innovations, big-ideas, being different, all have a place - and sometimes can be very important. However what really builds and sustains success, are the much ignored ordinary things. The three ordinary things that we often don’t pay enough attention to, but which I believe are the drivers of all success are: hard-work, perseverance and basic honesty. Everything was built with steady, painstaking work."
Academic Excellence Awards
Shah Ronak Ashwinkumar was presented the ‘ISB Scholar of Excellence’ award in recognition of his demonstrated record of outstanding academic achievement throughout the programme. Sunil Narendra Albal from the Hyderabad campus and Karthik Hebsur from the Mohali campus were awarded the ‘Chairman’s Award for Excellence in Leadership’ for displaying exceptional all-round excellence. Joining the achievers were 77 students who made it to the Dean’s list comprising top 10% of the class and 19 students who were chosen as ISB Young Leaders and Torch Bearers.
The students also honoured members of the faculty with the ‘Professor of the Year’ award for excellence in teaching. Professor Prashant Kale was chosen “Professor of the Year for Core Courses’ and Professor Andrew Ainslie, the “Professor of the Year for Elective Courses”, by students at the Hyderabad campus. Professor Omesh Kini was chosen “Professor of the Year for Core Courses’ and Professor Raveendra Chittoor as the “Professor of the Year for Elective Courses” by students at the Mohali campus. Yedu Rajeev was selected as the “Academic Associate of the Year 2013-14 at the Mohali campus and Suman Chattopadhyay as the “Academic Associate of the Year 2013-14” by the students at Hyderabad campus.
Kapil Kumar Jain was awarded the ISB Scholar of Excellence. Professor Prashant Kale was awarded the ‘Professor of the Year Award’ by the PGPMAX students for teaching Competitive Strategy. The top 10% of the Class made it to the Dean’s list.
PGP Class of 2014 - Winners All the Way
Carrying forward the ISB’s vision of ‘One School, two campuses’, students of the Class of 2014 engaged closely across the Hyderabad and Mohali campuses, organising and participating in several high profile conferences, workshops and classroom activities. Proving their excellence both in Class as well as out of the classroom, over 125 students across the two campuses brought laurels to the school winning several individual and team competitions nationally and globally. Some of the notable achievements are
- Invited to present a healthcare proposal to Bill Clinton after winning the regional finals of the prestigious Hult Prize in Sao Paulo
- First prize in LAUNCH - Innovation Challenge, sponsored by NASA, Nike, US Agency for International Development, and the US Department of State
- First prize in Get Set Online Live Case Competition organised by Google
- First prize in 2013 Deloitte Mavericks, a pan-India business acumen challenge
- First prize in RPG Blizzard 2.0, a branding challenge organised by RPG Group
- Winner and Runner Up of the Power of Shunya Challenge organised by Dupont and Times Now
- Winner at the second edition of Amazing Champions of Energy (ACE II), conducted by Cairn India Ltd.
The PGPMAX programme has demonstrated its success in grooming senior executives into leaders in a short span of 4 years, Several students and alumni have progressed into leadership positions. Some of them include -
- Santosh Bijur from the founding class was appointed as the Managing Director for Verizon Data Services India (VDS India)
- Neeraj Jain from PGPMAX Class of 2012 was appointed the CEO of Scholastic, India.
- Feroze Mohammed from PGPMAX Class of 2013 is now appointed as Managing Director at Hitachi Consulting Software Services India Ltd
- Bindu Krishnan from PGPMAX Class of 2013 has been appointed Service Delivery Leader for Aon Hewitt’s HR BPO APAC business.
- Meher Afroze from PGPMAX Founding Class is now Chief of Staff, Microsoft Corporation
- Manish Sharma, from founding class was voted “Leader of the Year 2011” at John Deere India (P) Ltd.
- Aju Jacob from the founding class contributed to the success of the business case "Recipes for Success: Innovating Production and Inventory Management" which won a Highly Commendable Mention in the Supply Chain category at EFMD's 2013 Case Writing Competition.
Continuing the ISB legacy of giving back to the School, students of the PGP Class of 2014 (from both campuses) contributed an amount of over 42 lakhs towards the Alumni Endowment Fund, which will be used to give scholarships to meritorious students and other student and alumni related activities. The Students from the PGPMAX Class of 2014 contributed an amount of over 20 lakhs thus taking the overall contributions from the Student community for the School to 62 lakhs.
ISB Alumni Network
With the graduation of the Class of 2014 of the PGP and Class of 2013 of PGPMAX, the ISB is now represented by a 6000+ strong alumni network spread across 32 countries. Several ISB alumni have progressed into leadership positions in the corporate world across the globe, become successful entrepreneurs and also contributing to the social sector in the last few years. The ISB engages closely with its alumni in lines with its commitment to the continuous development of its alumni through the life-long learning programmes combined with career development and support activities. In return the ISB alumni contribute to their Alma mater through their ’Work, Wisdom and Wealth.’
Adi Godrej, Chairman, ISB
“As you enter the next phase of your career and life, I am sure your levels of excitement and enthusiasm are limitless. I encourage all of you to focus your efforts and capabilities towards building a more just and prosperous society. ”
Ajit Rangnekar, Dean, ISB
"As a young school, it is heartening to see Alumni from our early classes now taking on leadership positions in Business. Our alumni are doing excellent work in diverse spheres in industry, government, academia and non-profit sectors creating an impact on society in so many diverse ways!”