- MIGM hosted the seminar Innovation 2012 on Competitiveness in Indian Aerospace and Defence Sector on 08 Dec 2012 at New Delhi in collaboration with Centre for Airpower Studies. Refer to website http://events.isb.edu/Innovation2012/index.html
- Seminar Swavalamban III on Indigenization through Innovation in Indian Defence Sector was conducted on 14-15 Dec at Secunderabad by College of Defence Management with support from MIGM.
- An edited book, Perspectives on Defence Offsets, is nearly complete and the manuscript is with Sage Publications for consideration
- An international student competition conducted by ISB students on business strategy presented competitors with two case studies. Both case studies were created by MIGM.
- MIGM also sponsored the manufacturing strand of the ISB Ivey case competition and reviewed cases. We intend to continue this effort every year.
- A workshop to enhance awareness of automation will be held in February in collaboration with TIFAC-CORE (Centre of Relevance & Excellence) in Industrial Automation & Robotics at Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College. The aim of the workshop is to sensitize ISB students and industry personnel on the relevance of industrial automation in future of manufacturing.
- Our study, with Professor Chris Tang at UCLA, of Chinese contract manufacturers and their western OEMs over 2001-2011 highlighted the importance of design in the evolving landscape. The study, Strategic interactions between Chinese contract manufacturers and western OEMs, will appear in the peer-reviewed journal, International Journal of Production Economics.