DLabs is the incubation and acceleration arm of Indian School of Business set up in collaboration with the DST, Government of India. It is a not-for profit entity with an independent board. DLabs supports the creation of a vibrant and high impact entrepreneurial ecosystem focused on innovation in key focus areas while leveraging the larger network of ISB.
DLabs is in search of a CEO to lead the Organisation as it continues to evolve and scale. The CEO will evaluate the current and anticipated business conditions affecting the organization and its business and develop an executable plan to achieve financial self-sufficiency and will lead the entity into a period of rapid expansion to operationalize the vision and strategic plan.
The CEO will be responsible for program administration, staff supervision, external funding and grant programs, outreach, fundraising, budget management, and compliance with all applicable rules and regulations. Some of the key responsibilities include:
§ build and cultivate collaborative relationships with external partners, including universities, innovation centers, start-ups, incubators, mentors, investors and other consultants
• A relevant business, financial or engineering degree
• Proven experience of successful engagement and working with startups/entrepreneurs and assessing the feasibility of ventures ;
• A minimum of five years of experience in developing and/or growing and running new entrepreneurial ventures or businesses, and/ or five years of experience running entrepreneurial support organizations. (like Centre for Innovation & Entrepreneurship in an academic setting, business incubator, venture labs, accelerator, venture capital investor or other innovative enterprises
• Significant experience in effective team building, working in teams across disciplines, and cultivating and maintaining external partnerships
• Established working relationships with significant enablers, influencers and stakeholders in the start-up industry, both locally and preferably also internationally
• Proven leadership experience - be able to drive decisions amidst diverse stakeholders like the industry, government and academia.
• Business development experience in terms of raising significant sponsorship and developing strategic relationships;