Learning Resource Centre (LRC) – Professional Assistant (Hyderabad/Mohali)
Number of vacancies – Multiple
· Postgraduate in Library and Information Science
· BE with Computer Science / MCA (with prior working experience in library field is desirable)
Soft skills required:
· Good communication skills
· Take initiatives and result oriented
· Systematic, logical, and hardworking
· Team player
· Able to interact with different kinds of customers
· Good Professional Knowledge
· Good Academic Record
· Good IT Skills
· Good Interpersonal Skills
LRC- Professional Assistant would be involved in the following activities:
1. Technical Processing
a. identifying the resources for LRC’s collection
b. Resource procurement
a. Journal subscription
b. E-journals link checking
4.Reference and Information Services
a. Answering to the reference queries received from user groups’
b. Sourcing out content for various information products.
In addition to all the above-mentioned activities, they would also need to attend to regular counter duties. They are expected to work in shift system on a rotation basis since our Centre operates from 8 am to 2 am. However, the working hours for professional assistant will be 9 hours per day, 5 days a week and two weekly offs will be given. They can avail a leave of 12 days during the period.
Nature of position – Internship period will be for two years.
Location: Hyderabad | Mohali
Please email your resume to email@example.com with subject header LRC- Professional Assistant. Short listed candidates will be called for interview in person / virtual.