This programme provides insights and tools to bridge the gap between strategy formulation and real-life strategy execution. It will enable participants to identify common traps, balance rationality and emotion, and build the internal capabilities to implement their strategies successfully across cultures. Through this 3-day programme, multiple case studies will be discussed and assessed, using relevant frameworks, to gain holistic perspectives for strategy implementation.
1. Value Creation vs. Value Capture: An integrative framework
2. Strategy as a journey: Putting strategy into practice
3. Understanding the basic principles of cost and differentiation strategies, including the trade-off between them
4. Exploring and understanding the Strategy Canvas and Business Canvas
5. Recognising how resources and capabilities need to be upgraded or changed for strategies to succeed
6. How to deal with innovation: Value, Business Delivery System and Ecosystem Innovation
7. The role of culture across organisations and strategy
is a Professor at the NUS Business School. Here, he studies and works with multinational and indigenous organisations on their emerging market strategies. He holds a degree in economics from Oberlin College and a PhD from Harvard. His research focuses on the interface between firm strategy and innovation in the context of emerging markets in Asia. In the past, Ishtiaq worked as a Professor of Strategy and Asian Business at IMD in Lausanne, Switzerland, and was also the faculty advisory board for the Evian Group and the SONY Reverse Innovation Community (SRIC) in Tokyo. He has been collaborating with the Davos-based WEF as the co-curator for the ASEAN Transformation Map. He was honoured with the Faculty Pioneer Award by the Aspen Institute in Washington, D.C. The Financial Times dubbed his research on sustainable business models as the ‘Oscars of the business school world’. Also, Ishtiaq authored Fintech Innovation for Emerging Markets - the widely used case on bKash.
Gain exposure to cutting edge tools in strategic thinking and market analysis
Understand the negotiation process, identify and solve deadlocks with innovative negotiation strategies.
Influence, mould and gain greater control over the negotiation process for favourable outcomes