CEO & Executive Director, Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited
Mr. Sundeep Sikka is the Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer of Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited (Formerly known as Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management Limited) (NAM India). Sundeep has held both Vice-Chairman and Chairman positions of the industrial body AMFI (Association of Mutual Funds in India). Sundeep joined NAM India in 2003, holding various leadership positions before being elevated in 2009, when he became one of the youngest CEOs of India. Possessing rich experience in the financial services sector, Sundeep went on to lead NAM India towards tremendous growth of assets and to emerge as one of the most trusted mutual fund houses in India. NAM India has an AUM ofINR 2.77trillion, catering to nearly9 mn investors and has presence across 290 locations in India along with Singapore, Mauritius and Dubai. Sundeep has grown the company to an all-round brand that thrice won ‘Aon Best Employer’ in the last four years and was certified ‘Great Place to Work’ in 2018. He has not only been responsible for the growth of the company but also forging a relationship with Nippon Life, acquisition of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (India), and listing NAM India on stock exchanges. Sundeep is an alumnus of Harvard Business School. He closely works with Regulatory Bodies i.e. RBI, SEBI and Ministry of Finance on matters related to asset management.He has received several awards and recognitions such as:
· The Economic Times –Asian Business Leader of the Year 2018
· CEO of the Year (India) –Asia Asset Management Awards 2018
· Recognized as one of India’s Top 25 Hottest Young Executives by the magazine ‘Business Today’
· Part of Asia FM Power 50 list, as one of the most influential individuals across Asia ex Japan fund industry.
Sundeep Sikka –Represents (past as well as present) Asset Management Industry across:
· Association of Mutual Funds in India –Held both Vice-Chairman and Chairman positions of industrial body AMFI.
· Reserve Bank of India –Member of Technical Advisory Committee on Money, Foreign Exchange & Government Securities Markets
· National Securities Depositary Limited –Member of Executive Committee
· Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
o Member of Capital Markets CommitteeoChair: Asset Management Sub-Group of FICCI’s Capital Markets Committee
o Chair: Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)Mutual Fund Summit 2019-20
· Speaker at various domestic and international forums and conferences.