The Indian School of Business wants to recruit promising young researchers in the discipline of Accounting, Finance, Economics and Public Policy, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and Strategy. We seek applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background to work as Research Associates at ISB. Research Associates (RA) generally go on to pursue Ph.D. in internationally renowned business schools after working at ISB for 2-3 years.
There is one RA position available in the Information Systems Area with Professor Vandith Pamuru. Professor Pamuru’s research interests are in the areas of user engagement on online platforms, user conversions funnels, and incentive design. Specific research questions in these areas will be studied using research methodologies like machine learning, reinforcement learning, randomized field experiments / randomized control trails, lab experiments, computational modelling, and econometric. Current projects include analyzing user behaviour on online ad markets, incentives structures in user-generated content platforms, impact of Augmented and Virtual reality technologies, Polarization on political forums, etc.
· The candidate will assist the professor in the ongoing research work in applied Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and Econometrics. In addition, the candidate will assist the professor in other research related tasks including literature review, data processing, and documentation.
· Work will require good mathematical understanding and statistical skills.
· This position is a great fit if you are looking to do a PhD in the future. It will also be a great start for career in data science roles.
· The candidate will have an opportunity to take PhD level classes at ISB and can work on independent research projects based on their interest.
· Preferred joining date is at the earliest.
· The position is for a fixed tenure of 1 year to start with and will be renewed based on performance.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Strong academic background in any of Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Statistics/ Economics/ Operations/ Mathematics/ Industrial Engineering with demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
· Working knowledge of programming languages (atleast one) and/or statistical software like Python, R Matlab, Stata, Mathematica etc. is essential.
· Should enjoy programming and working with large data in distributed environments. Experience in data engineering is a plus.
· The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
· Ability to work diligently on tasks that may be tedious but are crucial for projects.
ISB is a research focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. The hands-on research experience is helpful as the candidate starts his/her own research in the field. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC).
If interested, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating your CGPA or percentage score, undergraduate and graduate level transcripts. Feel free to add additional links to your project portfolio/ github/ website, if any. Please mention “Research Associate in Information Systems under Prof. Vandith Pamuru” in the subject line.