Eligibility & Selection
We are looking for passionate founders, who have the courage to be honest with their ambitions, dream big, think different and do more. If your social venture offers a radically different solution with a sustainable business model and can make a difference to the lives of masses thorough better education, preservation of arts and culture, improved health-care systems, civic engagement / public service, rural development & environmental sustainability, financial inclusion, economic development & poverty alleviation and such issues in the social sector, you’re welcome!
If you are an early stage registered startup (that is, in operations for more than 12 months) who work in the social sector and have a business to scale up, your application is considered for this programme.
The ISB SAP JSE Programme would identify five high potential social enterprises on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Team and Organisational Structure
- Prior experiences and domain expertise of Founder(s)
- Dedicated focus on the venture applied for
- Immediate future plans of Founder(s)/ Entrepreneur(s)
- Potential of broad idea and differentiation compared to other organisations and start-ups working in the same sector
- Innovative operational and strategies to be adopted as part of the program
- Overview of the socioeconomic challenge being addressed through the program/ venture
- Communities and beneficiaries to be targeted
- Current interventions in the area of interest
- Potential for growth and scale-up beyond current scope of the venture/ program
- Ease of access to resources required for scale-up of intervention
- Duration of existence and traction received so far (start-ups less than 2 years in existence, having a minimum viable product and an existing base of paying customers/ model to convert the freemium model to a payable one will be preferred)