Role: Research Associate
Location: Hyderabad (Hybrid/In-Office)
No of Openings: 1
Faculty Name: Professor Pallavi Basu
Academic Area: Statistics
Research Summary of the Faculty:
Professor Pallavi Basu:
Professor Pallavi Basu is an Assistant Professor in the Operations Management area, teaching concepts and approaches in Statistics at ISB. Her research interests include applications of statistics in finance, marketing, and other disciplines, high-dimensional statistical inference, large-scale multiple testing, and topics on causal inference. She is a member of the American Statistical Association, Institute of Mathematical Statistics, and International Indian Statistical Association. She received her Ph.D. (Business Administration and Statistics) from USC Marshall School of Business. She was a post-doctoral fellow at Tel Aviv University. She completed her undergrad and master's studies in Statistics (specializing in mathematical statistics and probability) from the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI, Kolkata). The Mathematical Research Impact Centric Support from the SERB, Government of India, funds part of her current research (2023-2026).
The Indian School of Business (ISB) evolved from the need for a world-class business school in Asia. The founders, some of the best minds from the corporate and academic worlds, anticipated the leadership needs of the emerging Asian economies. The ISB is committed to creating such leaders through its innovative programs, outstanding faculty, and thought leadership.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) provides a robust environment that generates high-quality research that is both contemporary and rigorous.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Assistance to the faculty – Assisting in their ongoing research work which includes the development of analytical models, solution algorithms, and designing of computational experiments.
· Database management – Linking different datasets, ensuring data quality, and processing raw data into processed datasets for modeling and estimation.
· Analysis of data - Using statistical methods, literature review, and assisting in paper writing.
· Conduct market and economic analysis and prepare reports to harvest data and generate presentable insights from the data.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· A Graduate from a top program with a high CGPA. Evidence of academic excellence.
· Master’s level degree (IISc, ISI, DSE, or comparable institutions in India and abroad) with a good academic record in economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science. Other quantitative fields may also apply.
· This is NOT a data science position. This position requires an understanding, implementation, and development of statistical methodologies.
· Good Understanding of statistical modeling and various methods of making data inferences.
· The candidate must also have great communication skills and written skills.
· Motivation to learn and a strong work ethic.
· Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
· The position is best suited for a candidate with a Ph.D. or an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in leading business schools worldwide.
Our Commitment towards you:
ISB is a research-focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research brown-bag seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. This position is best suited for a candidate with an interest in pursuing a PhD down the line.
Along with the competitive salary and plethora of employee benefits, ISB hosts a world-class Learning Resource Centre in the entire Asia, Comprehensive Health and Personal Accident Cover for you and your family members. ISB believes in creating a truly inclusive culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion for everyone through our ideas and collaborations.
If this role is your true calling, please fill out the form using the below-mentioned link. If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will connect with you shortly.