The Indian School of Business wants to recruit promising young researchers in the discipline of Accounting, Finance, Economics and Public Policy, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and Strategy. We seek applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background to work as Research Associates at ISB. Research Associates (RA) generally go on to pursue Ph.D. in internationally renowned business schools after working at ISB for 2-3 years.
There is one RA position available in the Operations Management Area with Professor Parshuram Hotkar. Professor Hotkar’s research interests are in the areas of studying strategic interactions in competing supply chains. Current projects include omni-channel retailing in supply chain, information sharing in pharmaceutical supply chain, drug shortages due to supply disruptions.
· The candidate will assist the professor in the ongoing research work, including analytical analysis (game theory), empirical investigation, cleaning, preparing data for statistical analysis, literature review.
· Work will require good mathematical understanding and statistical skills.
· The position is full-time.
· This position is a good fit if you are looking to do a PhD in the future.
· Preferred joining date is at the earliest.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Master’s or B.Tech in Economics/Operations/Mathematics/Industrial Engineering from reputed university with good analytical and communication skills.
· Strongly Preferred Mathematical background including Real analysis, Linear Algebra, Probability and Statistics.
· Working knowledge of (some) programming languages and/or statistical software like Python, Matlab, Stata, Mathematica etc. is essential.
· Candidates that have demonstrated ability to pursue academic or industry-oriented research are preferred.
· Good communication skills (oral and written) are critical.
· The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
· Ability to work diligently on tasks that may be tedious but are crucial for projects.
ISB is a research focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. The hands-on research experience is helpful as the candidate starts his/her own research in the field. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC).
If interested, please email your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating your CGPA or percentage score, undergraduate and graduate level transcripts. Please mention “Research Associate in Operations Management under Prof. Parshuram Hotkar” in the subject line.