ISB is seeking applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background to work as Research Associates at ISB. ISB is a research-focused business school and ISB RAs generally go on to pursue Ph.D. in internationally renowned business schools including INSEAD, London Business School, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, NYU Stern, University of Michigan, University of Texas at Austin, University of Maryland, University of Toronto, Columbia University, and University of Minnesota to name a few.
One RA position available in the Strategy Area with Prof. Anand Nandkumar. The expected date of joining is May 15th, 2022, in Hyderabad. Earlier joining dates can also be considered. The candidate will assist the faculty in their ongoing research projects, with potential opportunities to independently develop research ideas and co-author papers. The position is an great fit for a candidate with an interest in pursuing a Ph.D. in a business school in 2-3 years, especially in the area of Strategy, Entrepreneurship, or Organizational Behavior. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC), commensurate with skill set and experience.
Skills and Qualifications
- B Tech from IIT, NIT, or BITS (or) BA/ BSc in Economics or Public Policy (or) MBA/ PGDBM from premier institutions like IIMs, with strong academic background
- Background in basic econometrics and working knowledge of a statistical package (R, Stata, SAS) is a must
- Should be able to work independently on large datasets
- Programming skills (in R or Python) and comfort with advanced machine learning (ML) algoithms and natural language processing (NLP) are big pluses
- Demonstrated track record of high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and absolute commitment to task completion
ISB is a research-focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth through research seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. The hands-on research experience is helpful as the candidate starts his/her own research in the field. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC).
The Indian School of Business offers its staff a wide range of other benefits keeping their best interests in mind. The following list is a sample of staff benefits:
- Staff and their families can use the state-of-the-art recreational facilities which includes a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, free of charge
- Staff has free access to the Learning Resource Centre, the library at the School which has an extensive collection of DVDs, books, journals and other reading material
- All permanent staff are eligible to receive medical insurance for themselves and their immediate families
- The School provides free of cost shuttle service to the Staff, so that the commute from city is taken care of
If interested, please email your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating your CGPA or percentage score. Please mention “Research Associate in Strategy under Prof. Anand Nandkumar” in the subject line.