Role: Research Associate
Location: Hyderabad (Hybrid/In-Office)
No of Openings: 1
Faculty Name: Professor Bhavna Rai
Academic Area: Economics and Public Policy area
Research Summary of the Faculty:
Professor Bhavna Rai:
Professor Bhavna Rai is an econometrician and her current research develops new and improved methods for dealing with missing data - a ubiquitous problem in empirical work. Her methods span both cross-section and panel data with linear as well as nonlinear models. She is interested in applying these methods to empirical questions in microeconomics. She has also briefly worked on energy and environmental policy issues confronting India and other developing countries.
Bhavna has a Ph.D. in economics from Michigan State University, MA in economics from Delhi School of Economics, and BA in economics from Shri Ram College of Commerce.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) evolved from the need for a world-class business school in Asia. The founders, some of the best minds from the corporate and academic worlds, anticipated the leadership needs of the emerging Asian economies. The ISB is committed to creating such leaders through its innovative programs, outstanding faculty, and thought leadership.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) provides a robust environment that generates high-quality research that is both contemporary and rigorous.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Assistance to the faculty – Assisting in their ongoing research work which includes the development of analytical models, solution algorithms, and designing of computational experiments.
· Data compilation - Scraping data from websites or documents and compilation into usable formats for analysis.
· Database management – Linking different datasets, ensuring data quality, and processing raw data into processed datasets for modeling and estimation.
· Analysis of data - Using cross-sectional and panel econometric methods, literature review, and assisting in paper writing.
· Conduct market and economic analysis and prepare reports to harvest data and generate presentable insights from the data.
· Compiling and processing data within a spatial framework, including extracting data from roasters, vectorization of attribute data, and visual representation in the form of maps.
· Synthesis - Literature search and review, summary, presentation, and analytical writing.
· Quantitative modeling - Econometric analysis for exploratory data analysis and causal estimation, including visualization and reporting, along with sound knowledge in signal processing/latent models.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· A Graduate from a top program with a high CGPA. Evidence of academic excellence.
· Master’s level degree (bachelor’s level, 4-year degree with a high CGPA is also acceptable). Significant coursework in mathematics, statistics, and programming are highly desired.
· Excellent analytical and programming skills (Prior experience or training in any programming language is desirable)
· The candidate must also have great communication skills and written skills.
· Motivation to learn and a strong work ethic.
· This position is ideally suited for individuals seeking to apply to strong economics Ph.D. programs.
Our Commitment towards you:
ISB is a research-focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research brown-bag seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. This position is best suited for a candidate with an interest in pursuing a PhD down the line.
Along with the competitive salary and plethora of employee benefits, ISB hosts a world-class Learning Resource Centre in the entire Asia, Comprehensive Health and Personal Accident Cover for you and your family members. ISB believes in creating a truly inclusive culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion for everyone through our ideas and collaborations.
If this role is your true calling, please fill out the form using the below-mentioned link. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
We will connect with you shortly.