The Indian School of Business wants to recruit promising young researchers in the discipline of Accounting, Finance, Economics and Public Policy, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and Strategy. We seek applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background to work as Research Associates at ISB. Research Associates (RA) generally go on to pursue Masters / Ph.D. in internationally renowned business schools after working at ISB.
There is one RA position available for one year in the Information Systems Area with Professor Abhishek Kathuria. The candidate will help conduct research at the intersection of technology and strategy. Specifically, the candidate will assist in a research program aimed at understanding the digital transformation of organizations in India by creating, matching, and analyzing large datasets related to digital technologies, performance metrics, and other organizational outcomes of publicly listed Indian firms. Hence, the candidate is expected to have proficiency in natural language processing, text analytics, and data science and will have the opportunity to learn and use econometric methods.
· The position will involve creating datasets by scraping, extracting, and converting text to quantitative data through the application of automation tools, natural language processing, text analytics and/or manual coding techniques.
· The position will involve data pre-preprocessing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
· This is a full-time and fixed-term position.
· This position is an excellent option if you are looking to do a Masters degree or Ph.D. in the future. It will also be a great start for a career in data science roles.
· Preferred joining date is at the earliest.
· The candidate will also have an opportunity to take PhD level classes at ISB.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Strong academic background in any of Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Statistics/ Economics/ Operations/ Mathematics/ Industrial Engineering with demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
· Expertise in programming languages (atleast one) and/or statistical software like Python or R is essential.
· Candidates having experience or training in natural language processing and text analytics will be preferred.
· Ability to write code or use automation tools for data scraping is preferable.
· Prior experience of working with panel datasets and running econometrics models is desirable.
· The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and absolute commitment to task completion.
· Ability to work diligently on tasks that may be tedious but are crucial for projects.
ISB is a research focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. The hands-on research experience is helpful as the candidate starts his/her own research in the field. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC).
Location: Hyderabad (subject to restrictions, given the current situation)
If interested, please email your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating your CGPA or percentage score, undergraduate and graduate level transcripts Please mention “Research Associate in Information Systems under Prof. Abhishek Kathuria” in the subject line.