The Indian School of Business seeks applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background to work as Research Associates at ISB. Research Associates (RA) generally go on to pursue Ph.D. in internationally renowned business schools after working at ISB for 2-3 years.
There is one RA position available with Professor Deepak Jena in the Strategy Area. Within the strategy field, the RA would be primarily working in the research areas of Entrepreneurship and Corporate Strategy in Emerging Markets.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITION IN STRATEGY
· The candidate will assist the professor in the ongoing research work and in the development of research papers.
· The responsibilities will include, preparing data for analysis (data collection from archival and field sources; data cleaning), analysis of data (using cross-sectional and panel econometric methods), literature review, and assisting in paper writing.
· The candidate must have extremely high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, and absolute commitment to task completion.
· The candidate will be specifically involved with a large research project in association with Prof. Balagopal Vissa from Insead Singapore and Prof. Ravee Chittoor from University of Victoria in Canada.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· A strong interest in Strategy and Entrepreneurship with a passion for academic research
· A Graduate or Postgraduate degree from top Business/Engineering/Economics programs with high CGPA. Evidence of academic excellence.
· Excellent analytical and programming skills (Prior experience or training in data science/ statistics/econometrics is desirable)
· Candidates that have expertise in Python or statistical programming such as R and Stata would have an edge
· Candidates that have demonstrated ability to pursue academic or industry-oriented research are preferred
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· This position is a good fit for those looking to do a PhD in the future (after 2 years). I am therefore looking at candidates who are willing to invest at least couple of years in this position.
Benefits: ISB is a research focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. The hands-on research experience is helpful as the candidate starts his/her own research in the field. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC).
Positions Vacant: 1
If interested, please email your CV to Careers_ra_fd@isb.edu, clearly indicating your CGPA or percentage score, undergraduate and graduate level transcripts. Also please include a cover letter stating your motivation and preparedness for this position.
Please mention “Research Associate in Strategy under Prof. Deepak Jena” in the subject