Role: Research Associate
Location: Hyderabad/Remote (Partial Remote)
No of Openings: 1
Faculty Name: Professor Leena Kinger Hans
Academic Area: Strategy/Entrepreneurship Area
Start Date: Between 1st Jan to 1st Feb 2024
Duration: Minimum 6 months, Maximum 2 years
Research Summary of the Faculty:
Professor Leena Kinger Hans:
Prof. Leena is an assistant professor of organizational behaviour at the Indian School of Business. She received her Ph.D. in Management from INSEAD in 2020. Her primary area of research studies how people make career-related decisions, in settings including Entrepreneurship, Family Businesses and Low-wage Occupations. Her work has been published in leading management journals such as Organization Science and Journal of Management.
This post is for an RA position for a project related to post-IPO outcomes of entrepreneurial ventures and family businesses in India. The project is based on quantitative data which require application of rigorous statistical and econometric tools and analyses.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) evolved from the need for a world-class business school in Asia. The founders, some of the best minds from the corporate and academic worlds, anticipated the leadership needs of the emerging Asian economies. The ISB is committed to creating such leaders through its innovative programs, outstanding faculty, and thought leadership.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) provides a robust environment that generates high-quality research that is both contemporary and rigorous.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This post is for an RA position with Prof. Leena Kinger Hans for a project related to post-IPO outcomes of entrepreneurial ventures in India. The role is a great fit if you wish to work with quantitative data and learn rigorous analytical methods.
· Provide assistance in various aspects of research, including:
- reading and summarizing academic articles (30%)
- cleaning and coding hand-collected data (30%)
- data visualization, descriptive statistics, and quantitative analysis (30%)
- writing summary reports and research proposals (10%)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· A strong desire to pursue a quantitative- research oriented career.
· B. Tech/Master’s degree with a strong academic record OR an equivalent work experience with exceptional quantitative skills
· Excellent analytical and programming skills
· Proficiency in advanced Excel (e.g. VLOOKUP, sorting, filtering, pivot tables, macros, data visualization) is compulsory (please indicate this in CV).
· Prior experience or training in econometrics is desirable.
· Candidates who have expertise in statistical programming (in Stata or R) would have an edge.
Our Commitment towards you:
ISB is a research-focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research brown-bag seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. This position is best suited for a candidate with an interest in pursuing a PhD down the line.
Along with the competitive salary and plethora of employee benefits, ISB hosts a world-class Learning Resource Centre in the entire Asia, Comprehensive Health and Personal Accident Cover for you and your family members. ISB believes in creating a truly inclusive culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion for everyone through our ideas and collaborations.
If this role fits with your career aspirations, please fill out the form using the below-mentioned link. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
We will connect with you shortly.