The Indian School of Business (ISB) aims to train promising young researchers in various disciplines of management Toward this end, we seek applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background for the position of Research Associate (RA). RAs work directly and closely with ISB’s faculty members on their research projects. Many RAs, after successful completion of their projects, have been admitted to graduate programs (Masters/Ph.D.) in top universities across the world including INSEAD, London Business School, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, NYU Stern, University of Michigan, University of Texas at Austin, University of Maryland, University of Toronto, Columbia University, and University of Minnesota to name a few. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC), commensurate with skill set and experience. Contract duration is a minimum of 1 year.
This posting is for an RA position with Prof. Pooja Mishra who is Seeking an RA with research interests in Behavioral Economics, decision-making, and issues related to social class and gender at workplace. Ideal candidate should possess strong data analysis skills and should have knowledge of statistical programming and coding and must be comfortable with Stata (very desirable), R, and Python.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Economics/Computer Science/ Statistics/ Engineering from a top tier college
· Knowledge of statistical programming packages like Stata, R, and Python. Knowledge of STATA is a big plus.
· Advanced machine learning (e.g., LASSO, random forest, gradient boosting, decision trees, etc.) skills is a valuable plus (but not required)
· Ability to collect, clean, normalize and manipulate large datasets (cross sectional and time series); skilled in exploratory data analyses.
· Should be able to work independently on datasets.
· Motivation to learn and strong work ethic are necessary
· Motivation for pursuing PhD is desirable
· Assist in data analysis and reporting. There will be opportunities to independently develop research ideas and co-author papers with the faculty.
· Assist with data collection (web-scraping etc) if and when required.
· Designing and administering surveys, conducting interviews, and undertaking field visits in rural parts of India (may happen occasionally)
· Conducting literature review in a broad array of disciplines
· Building statistical models to analyse secondary as well as primary data
· Excellent written and oral communication skills; demonstrated evidence of writing (reports, articles, dissertations) preferable
· Ability to incorporate intellectual inputs from multiple disciplines and to work independently
· Strong professional ethic including attention to detail, commitment to task completion under aggressive deadlines, and ability to multitask
ISB is a research driven business school. In addition to working on research projects, selected candidate will have the opportunity to be part of a vibrant ecosystem of researchers, resident as well as visiting faculty and will be able to participate in research seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC).
Other Benefits for ISB staff:
The Indian School of Business offers its staff a wide range of benefits keeping their best interests in mind.
The following list is a sample of staff benefits:
· Staff and their families can use the state-of-the-art recreational facilities which includes a swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, free of charge
· Staff has free access to the Learning Resource Centre, the library at the School which has an extensive collection of DVDs, books, journals and other reading material
· All permanent staff are eligible to receive medical insurance for themselves and their immediate families
· The School provides free of cost shuttle service to the Staff, so that the commute from city is taken care of
This is a full-time position with the earliest possible joining date. If interested, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating your CGPA or percentage score, undergraduate and graduate level transcripts. Feel free to add additional links to your project portfolio/ GitHub/ website, if any. Please mention “Research Associate – Pooja Mishra” in the subject line.