The Indian School of Business wants to recruit promising young researchers in the discipline of Accounting, Finance, Economics and Public Policy, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and Strategy. We seek applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background to work as Research Associates at ISB. Research Associates (RA) generally go on to pursue Ph.D. in internationally renowned business schools after working at ISB for 2-3 years.
There is one RA position available in Economics and Public Policy with Professor Shekhar Tomar (http://shekhartomar.com/). Professor Tomar’s research interests are in the areas of macroeconomics, trade and networks.
· The candidate will assist the professor in the ongoing research work, data collection, data cleaning, and in the development of research papers.
· Analytical capabilities (modeling + statistical analysis) would be helpful.
· ISB is looking for candidates with good communication skills (oral and written).
· This position is a good fit if you are looking to do a PhD in the future.
· Preferred joining date is June 1, 2021.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Good analytical, computing and communication skills. Working knowledge of (some) statistical software and/or programming languages like R, Stata, Python, Matlab etc. is essential.
· The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and absolute commitment to task completion.
· Ability to work diligently on tasks that may be tedious but are crucial for projects.
Location: Hyderabad (Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the position would be remote or on campus)
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Research Associate under Prof. Shekhar Tomar” in the subject line.