* Professors Aaditya Dar & Shilpa Aggarwal are looking to hire multiple full-time Research Associates (RAs) to conduct research on their respective projects. Current works spans topics in development economics such as agriculture, health and governance.
* RAs will be responsible for various aspects of research such as data preparation, conducting econometric analyses, launching surveys, managing field operations, liaisoning with government and non-profit stakeholders and preparation of presentations and papers.
* Once COVID-19 cases subside, there will also be opportunities to travel and conduct fieldwork in Punjab/Bihar/Odisha.
* Ideally, RAs would begin work from June 1, 2021 and commit to work for at least two years.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
* Master’s degree with strong academic record and quantitative skills, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* While a degree in economics is not required per se, candidates should have strong interests in empirical economics.
* Computer science students wishing to transition to economics are encouraged to apply.
* Proficiency in programing is key. Candidates with prior research experience are strongly preferred, especially those skilled in Stata and Python. One of the positions also requires knowledge of SQL.
* Candidates with experience operationalizing field surveys is a bonus.
* Salary is competitive, and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
* RAs will work in close collaboration with ISB faculty, attend research seminars, take PhD level classes, and most crucially learn practical skills required to succeed in a graduate program in economics, public policy or a related discipline.
* ISB faculty also invest significantly in the professional development of RAs, mentoring them to pursue an academic career. Previous RAs have gained admission at top PhD programs in the US. A partial listing includes Boston College, Cornell (Dyson and PAM), Michigan State, Notre Dame, UC Davis, UC Santa Cruz, UC San Diego, UT Austin, UVa, and UW Madison.
HOW TO APPLY?
* Interested candidates should complete this online form https://forms.gle/6Wqr59AomExzBnF99 We encourage applications from students who belong to groups that are under-represented in the profession.
* Due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
* Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Hyderabad and Mohali (though initial work will be remote)
Positions Vacant: 4