The Indian School of Business wants to recruit promising young researchers in the discipline of Accounting, Finance, Economics and Public Policy, Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, and Strategy. We seek applications from motivated individuals with a strong academic background to work as Research Associates at ISB. Research Associates (RA) generally go on to pursue Ph.D. in internationally renowned business schools after working at ISB for 2-3 years.
There is one RA position available in the Information Systems Area with Professor Sumeet Kumar. Professor Kumar is interested in research problems at the intersection of technology and society. His current focus is on finding implicit/hidden advertisements in videos posted on kids platforms like YouTube kids. Other current projects include analyzing user behavior on online platforms, quantifying polarization on online forums, finding advertisements disguised as news on news platforms, etc. Specific research questions in these areas will be studied using research methodologies like machine learning, natural language processing, randomized field experiments / randomized control trials, lab experiments, computational modeling, and econometric.
· The candidate will assist the professor in the ongoing research work in applied Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning (Deep Learning), and Econometrics. In addition, the candidate will assist the professor in other research related tasks, including literature review, data processing, and documentation.
· Work will require good mathematical understanding and statistical skills.
· The position is full-time.
· This position is a an excellent if you are looking to do a Ph.D. in the future. It will also a great start for a career in data science roles.
· Preferred joining date is at the earliest.
· The candidate will also have an opportunity to take PhD level classes at ISB.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
· Strong academic background in any of Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Statistics/ Economics/ Operations/ Mathematics/ Industrial Engineering with demonstrated analytical and communication skills.
· Working knowledge of programming languages (atleast one) and/or statistical software like Python, R Matlab, Stata, Mathematica, etc. is essential.
· Should enjoy programming and working with large data in distributed environments. Experience in data engineering is a plus.
· The candidate must have high standards in terms of quality of work, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and absolute commitment to task completion.
· Ability to work diligently on tasks that may be tedious but are crucial for projects.
ISB is a research focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. The hands-on research experience is helpful as the candidate starts his/her own research in the field. The position offers a competitive salary along with other benefits (CTC).
If interested, please email your CV to email@example.com clearly indicating your CGPA or percentage score, undergraduate and graduate level transcripts. Feel free to add additional links to your project portfolio/ github/ website, if any. Please mention “Research Associate in Information Systems under Prof. Sumeet Kumar” in the subject line.