A full-time Research Associate position is available with Professor Krishnamurthy Vaidyanathan of the Finance Area at ISB. The position requires a minimum commitment of one year. This position offers a chance to gain research experience before embarking on a PhD. My research interests are in financial economics (the interface between finance and economics), so you will primarily be working in areas related to finance and macroeconomics. Additionally, I am a member of the state finances sub-group of experts by the Government of Punjab to develop their economic strategy. So, you would be helping me in that work which would involve a lot of data collection and writing.
This is a research position in an academic setting. Examples of responsibilities include:
· Computer programming and Econometric estimation: Computing/simulating economic models, running regressions, and other data analysis.
· Database collection: Supervising data-entry and ensuring data quality.
· Helping with writing.
Skills and Qualification
· MA or MSc in Economics or another quantitative field (mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science), or an engineering degree from a premier institution.
· Data Science skills.
· Strong written communication skills.
· Knowledge of Matlab, Python, or other programming languages.
ISB is a research-intensive environment. You will interact with a range of faculty members. You may attend regular workshops by both resident as well as visiting faculty members where research papers are presented and discussed. You may enrol for PhD-level courses in microeconomics, econometrics, and statistics. The RA group is close-knit and participates in the social and cultural life of the School. Salaries are competitive with similar positions in India.
How to apply
Send an email with a copy of your CV, and academic transcript, along with the names of two references to Careers_ra_fd@isb.edu. If available, please include a copy/link of any written output that you have produced alone (blogs, newspaper articles, thesis, term paper). We will review applications till the position is filled. We will contact you only in case we decide to interview you