Role: Research Associate
Location: Hyderabad (Hybrid/In-Office)
No of Openings: 1
Faculty Name: Professor N V Ramanan
Academic Area: Accounting
Research Summary of the Faculty:
Professor NV Ramanan:
Professor Ramanan is an Associate Professor of Accounting at the Indian School of Business. Before joining ISB, he served as a faculty member at the University of California, Davis, and at SUNY, Binghamton.
Professor Ramanan’s research focuses on the role of accounting in management decisions. Specifically, he examines the incentive effects of financial reports and disclosures on various managerial decisions both inside an organisation and within supply chains. His work has been published in leading academic journals including The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting and Economics, The Review of Accounting Studies, Contemporary Accounting Research, Management Science, and Production and Operations Management.
At ISB Professor Ramanan teaches the core Managerial Accounting course and the Strategic Performance Management elective.
Professor Ramanan earned a PhD in Accounting from Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University and an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. He is also a Chartered Accountant.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) evolved from the need for a world-class business school in Asia. The founders, some of the best minds from the corporate and academic worlds, anticipated the leadership needs of the emerging Asian economies. The ISB is committed to creating such leaders through its innovative programs, outstanding faculty, and thought leadership.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) provides a robust environment that generates high-quality research that is both contemporary and rigorous.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Assistance to the faculty – Assisting in their ongoing research work which includes the development of analytical models, solution algorithms, and designing of computational experiments.
· Data compilation - Scraping data from websites or documents and compilation into usable formats for analysis.
· Database management – Linking different datasets, ensuring data quality, and processing raw data into processed datasets for modeling and estimation.
· Spatial analysis - Compiling and processing data within a spatial framework, including extracting data from roasters, vectorization of attribute data, and visual representation in the form of maps.
· Synthesis - Literature search and review, summary, presentation, and analytical writing.
· Quantitative modelling - Econometric analysis for exploratory data analysis and causal estimation, including visualization and reporting, along with sound knowledge in signal processing/latent models.
· Conduct market and economic analysis and prepare reports to harvest data and generate presentable insights from the data.
· Statistical and forecasting models - Read and summarize technical and academic research relevant to the program, create Map/Supply Chain Images, and track real-time data.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area such as Economics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Data Analytics.
· MBA/ PGDBM from premier institutions like IIMs/Others.
· Experience working with big data systems, concepts, and tools.
· The candidate must have advanced programming skills in Python and STATA. Familiarity with SAS, R, and AWS is a plus.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with attention to every detail.
· Strong team player with cross-functional skills.
· A background in Data Analytics and Textual Analysis is highly desired.
· Experience with noisy and/or unstructured textual data
· Knowledge of various text mining algorithms and their use cases as well as text pre-processing and normalization techniques.
· Excellent problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
· Exposure to economic problems and econometric techniques desirable
· Motivation to learn and a strong work ethic.
Our Commitment towards you:
ISB is a research-focused business school. It offers a variety of opportunities to understand the current management phenomena in depth, through research brown-bag seminars, workshops, and PhD-level courses. It provides several options to hone a person’s analytical skills. This position is best suited for a candidate with an interest in pursuing a PhD down the line.
Along with the competitive salary and plethora of employee benefits, ISB hosts a world-class Learning Resource Centre in the entire Asia, Comprehensive Health and Personal Accident Cover for you and your family members.
ISB believes in creating a truly inclusive culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion for everyone through our ideas and collaborations.
If this role is your true calling, please fill out the form using the below-mentioned link. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
We will connect with you shortly.