The Srini Raju Center for Information Technology and the Networked Economy (SRITNE) has an open position for a Senior Researchers with research interests in technology, technological innovation, and the digital economy. Ideal for someone with strong skills in data science / analytics, excellent written communication skills, and looking for a steppingstone to a world-renowned PhD program or other career trajectories in the field of research.
Research staff from SRITNE can choose from multiple career trajectories after their stint at the centre. Researchers have typically secured admissions to leading doctoral programs worldwide, including PhD programs at various University of California campuses, INSEAD, London Business School, Carnegie Mellon University, Cornell University, NYU, University of Texas at Austin, University of Maryland, University of Toronto, Columbia University, and University of Minnesota. Alternatively, research staff has gone on to assume key research-oriented positions in the corporate sector.
· Own research projects in diverse areas such as evidence-based policy-making for the digital economy, technology interventions, computational policy, business value of IT, and technology innovation & entrepreneurship.
· Drive various aspects of the research process, including literature review, data collection, data analytics, preparing presentations, and writing and formatting academic articles. There will be opportunities to independently develop research ideas and co-author papers with faculty.
· Data collection, analytics, and report writing
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Engineering/ Economics from a top tier college; Bachelor’s degree from institutions of repute with stellar academic performance will also be considered.
· Five (5) years of prior work / research experience is mandatory, preferably in research institutions and thinktanks.
· Experience must be accompanied by knowledge of statistical programming packages like Stata, R, and Python; advanced machine learning (e.g., LASSO, random forest, gradient boosting, decision trees, etc.) skills will be a huge advantage.
· Prior experience in authoring project reports, writing grant proposals, case studies among others will be considered favourably.
· Extremely comfortable with collecting, cleaning, normalizing and manipulating large datasets (cross sectional and time series); skilled in exploratory data analyses, creative data visualization and infographics generation
· Ability to convert technical papers into data briefs, policy briefs, op eds etc. is a plus
· Resourceful, detail oriented, excellent organization skills, and demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Motivation to learn and strong work ethic are necessary
Salary is attractive, commensurate with skill set and experience. This position will be for two years with the possibility to be considered for an extension.
Number of Positions: 2