About the Indian School of Business
The Indian School of Business (ISB), founded in 2001, is a top-ranked, world-class business school in India with campuses in Mohali and Hyderabad. The ISB has gained the unique distinction of receiving accreditation from the Association of MBAs (AMBA), making it the 100th School in the world to achieve the ‘triple crown’ of accreditations from AMBA, EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). ISB is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high-performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our alumni, faculty, staff, and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at the ISB, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider their alignment with ISB’s mission and values.
About the position
The ISB is seeking applications for a Policy Intern at the Department of External Relations. The position holder will be responsible for supporting the Department in various projects, including the ones which involve dealing with the Government. They must possess strong communication skills, knowledge of MS Office, and be uncompromisingly committed to quality and ownership of outcomes and results. This is a hybrid position: the candidate will be expected to report to the Mohali Campus of the ISB only on a need basis.
About the Department of External Relations
The Department of External Relations (ER) at the Indian School of Business engages with critical external stakeholders such as government, industry associations, the diplomatic community, educational institutions, potential donors, etc., and with various internal stakeholders, including research centres and institutes, alumni engagement department, students at the school, and other administrative departments to build and solidify partnerships and ISB’s brand.
Key Responsibilities for this position
· Data analysis and cleaning: Working with zero defects on excel spreadsheets to clean and analyze data
· Effectively communicating with external stakeholders: Responding to a potentially large volume of queries from external stakeholders on emails and calls
· Event management: Independently aligning and working with various relevant stakeholders to organize events/workshops/speaker sessions
· Preparing communication materials: Writing summary notes for events taking place at the school, preparing policy notes
· Handing social media: Strategically deploying social media posts, responding timely to queries on social media, synthesizing feedback received
· Miscellaneous: Any miscellaneous project needs - such as the creation of a survey, collating responses, reaching out to respondents to collect further information etc. - that arise and are assigned
Ideal candidates will have a keen interest in policy and data analysis and be equipped with outstanding oral and written communication and stakeholder management skills. They must have a learning and positive attitude to seemingly challenging tasks and situations.
Desired experience and education
· Working knowledge of MS Office with the ability to seamlessly navigate, analyze, and clean through MS Excel spreadsheets
· Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, including acumen to convey information effectively verbally and in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
· There is no minimum full work experience required for this position, however, in the absence of prior internships and work experience, the candidate will have further to credentialize their candidature and abilities according to the requirements of the role
Duration and work location
· This is a hybrid role with a duration of 4 months. The hired candidate will have to report to the Mohali Campus of ISB as per the needs of the assignment as determined by the supervisor
Contact us at
Email us at
Monday- Friday, 08:00 to 18:00